To Make the Filling
- In a small pan, toast peanuts over medium heat for 3-4 mins until lightly brown. Remove and allow to cool. Coarsely chop or grind the peanuts.
- Toast sesame seeds for 1- 2 mins until lightly brown.
- Mix peanuts, sesame seeds, and sugar in a bowl until well combined and set aside.
To Make the Dough
- Combine flour(s) and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour oil into the well and mix with a spatula. Add water gradually to form a soft, non-sticky dough. You may not use up the full amount of water.
- Place the dough on a clean work surface and knead for 3-4 mins. Shape into a round ball and place in the bowl again. Cover the bowl with a towel and allow to rest for 10 mins.
- Grab the dough from the bowl and roll into a cylinder for about 12 inches long. Divide into 16 portions.
- Take a piece and shape it into 2½ inches circle by rotating and flattening the edges. Place 1 tsp of filling at the centre.
- Fold the dough in half. Press and pleat the edges to seal. Repeat for the rests of the dough.
- Heat adequate amount of oil in work or saucepan for deep-frying.
- Deep-fry the mini puffs over medium low heat for 4-5 mins or until golden brown. Remove and drain the mini puffs in a metal strainer.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in air tight containers for up to 2 weeks.