To Make Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line the cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a small bowl and mix well with a whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, pour in the wet ingredients and use a whisk to beat until well combined.
- Pour in the dry ingredients in small batches, using the whisk to mix slowly. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the flour off the side and bottom, mix until everything is well combined.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the cupcake liners.
- Place in the oven and bake for 17 mins. Insert a toothpick in the center of the cupcake and remove. If the toothpick is not clean, bake for another 5 mins and check again. If it comes out clean, turn off the heat.
- Open the oven door slightly to let the cupcakes cool slowly for about 10-15 mins, then remove from oven and let cool on wirerack.
To Make Frosting
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ingredients and use a whisk to beat until thickened and smooth.
- Place whipped cream into a piping bag with a round tip and top the cream onto the cupcakes.
- Using a sieve, dust the matcha green tea powder on the cream.