- Combine the rice vinegar and water in a bowl.
- Add the lotus root to the bowl and let it soak for 4-5 mins. Drain.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat and add the sesame oil when it is hot. Add the lotus root and stir-fry.
- When the lotus root is almost translucent, add the sake, mirin and sugar.
- After the alcohol has evaporated, add the chilli and soy sauce. Mix well.
- When the mixture is almost gone, add sesame seeds and stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Remove from heat. Serve while hot or place in the refrigerator to serve chilled.