To Make Lemon Mochi Chicks
- Combine all ingredients except cornflour in a microwave-safe mixing bowl.
- Stir the mixture till no lumps remain. Scrape away any excess liquid that has been sloshed around the bowl.
- Microwave the mixture on high for 2 mins. Remove and stir well. Return to microwave and microwave on high for another 2-3 mins. The mixture will turn into a sticky dough.
- Sprinkle cornflour generously on the cutting board. Scrape dough from the bowl and pat some cornflour on the top of the dough.
- Let the dough cool for a minute or two before flattening with your fingers or with a rolling pin.
- Cut dough into 12 to 14 portions.
- Lift up a portion and pinching the corners together till you form a round ball. Place seam side down.
- With a clean pastry brush, brush away excess cornflour from the surface.
- Decorate with beaks, flower sprinkles and nonpareils.