- Season the beef slices with the sesame oil and black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Soak the dried brown seaweed in cold water for 5 minutes to allow it to expand. Drain the water and rinse the seaweed a couple of times in running water. Drain and squeeze the water out. If you’re using non-pre-cut dried seaweed, cut it with scissors to about 1cm lengths.
- Pre-heat a saucepan (or pot) on medium high heat (about 20 to 30 secs).
- Add the sesame oil, brown seaweed and beef, then stir until the beef is partly cooked (about 2 to 3 mins).
- Add the water then boil it on medium heat until the seaweed and the meat is fully cooked (about 5 to 10 mins).
- Add the soy sauce and garlic and boil further (about 2 mins) then serve. (You can adjust the taste with some salt if it is needed).