- Soak pock hock in cold water for about 2 hours. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the pock hock making sure the pork fully immersed in water. Boil pork for about 10 minutes.
- Drain pork into a colander and discard water. Wash pork thoroughly.
- Add all the ingredients into a large pot except chilli marinade and add pork hock, making sure that pork is fully immersed. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 2-3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Take out pock hock from the pot and let it cool. Take meat off the bone and cut into slices. Reserve stock for later date (use as master stock).
- Pour chilli marinade into pock slices. Marinate for about 2 hours or longer and grill or stir fry in a pan very quickly.