To Make Rice Paste
- Mix rice flour with water in a saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring constantly and let the mixture thicken. Remove from heat and place in a bowl to cool.
To Make Salted Shrimp Sauce
- Combine all Salted Shrimp Sauce ingredients and mix well.
To Cook Pork
- Fill saucepan with water (so that pork can be submerged) and put in garlic, ginger and onion. Bring it to a boil, then add pork and the remaining Pork ingredients. Bring to boil again and skim off any impurities that float to the top.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer for 1 hr 15 mins or until the pork is soft. Drain pork into a colander and let pork cool slightly before slicing into 5mm slices.
To Make Kimchi
- Combine chilli powder with rice paste in a small bowl.
- Place radish in a big bowl and combine with the chilli powder mixture. Add the remaining Kimchi ingredients and mix well (taking care to add the spring onions right at the end).
- Place sliced pork in a serving plate and garnish with sesame seeds, radish kimchi and chilli slices. Serve with radish kimchi, salted Chinese cabbage, Korean spicy dipping sauce and salted shrimp sauce.