To Prep the broth
- Add all the ingredients except the cabbage leaves and bring to a boil. Stir the ingredients together to mix well.
- Remove the kombu from the broth when it begins to boil and discard it.
- Blanch the cabbage leaves in the boiling broth for a couple of minutes, then remove from the broth and place in a bowl. Set the cabbage leaves aside for later.
- Simmer the broth for about 10 minutes on medium-low heat. Then strain the broth and discard the broth ingredients. Reserve the broth for later.
To Prep the sauce
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Make sure all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Split the sauce into 2 even portions. Mix one portion with the beef.
- Cut your cabbage leaves into 2-3cm wide strips and mix with the other half of the sauce.
- Make sure that the beef and cabbage strips are evenly coated with the sauce and set aside for later.
To Prep the Soup
- Heat up a pot on high heat and add the beef and Korean radish. Stir fry for a couple of minutes before adding the broth and cabbage leaves into the pot.
- Allow the soup to start boiling, then reduce the heat to medium and allow it to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Lastly, add in the bean sprouts and spring onions to the pot and continue to let the soup simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and serve the soup with some steamed white rice.