- In a pot, heat up 2 tsp sesame oil and stir fry the ground beef over medium high heat for about 3 mins until the beef is cooked. Put in garlic and onion and saute until onion starts to turn translucent.
- Drain the rice and add into the pan. Fry the rice for 4-5 mins. The rice would start to appear slightly translucent and sticky. Then throw in all chopped vegetables and stir fry for 1 min.
- Pour in water and gently stir to avoid the rice from sticking to the bottom. Put on the lid and cook for 20 mins over medium high heat. Watch the pot, if the water boils over, slide the lid to open slightly.
- Lift up the lid and stir to mix well. Lower the heat and continue simmering for another 10 mins with the lid on.
- Mix in fish sauce and 1 tsp sesame oil. Transfer to serving bowl and serve hot with crushed toasted seaweed and sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds.