- Marinate chicken and shrimps. Mix chicken pieces with ½ tsp soy sauce and ½ tsp sake in a bowl. In another bowl, mix shrimp and ½ tsp soy sauce and ½ tsp sake. Let them marinade for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix eggs, mirin, salt, 1 tsp soy sauce and dashi together. Be careful not to aerate the eggs while whisking as the bubbles will present silkiness. Strain the egg mixture through a sieve. Pop any bubbles or blow on the surface to pop the bubbles.
- Place ¼ amount of chicken, shrimp, shiitake mushrooms and 2 slices of kamaboko in each of the 4 small cups (such as ramekins), then pour egg mixture over them to fill ¾ of a cup. Cover with aluminum foil and put the covered cups into a steamer.
- Steam at low-medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Check with a wooden skewer to see if it’s done. If clear broth comes out when poked, take the cups out from the steamer.
- Sprinkle Mitsuba leaves and cover again for 2-3 minutes. Top with ikura and serve immediately.