- In a large, microwave friendly mixing bowl add in the flours and sugar and mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- Slowly add in the hot water bit by bit while mixing to stop large clumps from forming. When the water has been added, cover the bowl and microwave for approximately 2 – 3 minutes.
- When the dough has cooked through in the microwave, remove it from the bowl and begin to knead it till it has softened.
- Separate the dough in to 3 separate, equal sized pieces and set them in to their own bowls.
- In one bowl, add in red food colouring and mix until the desired pink colour is achieved. Similarly, add in the matcha powder in to one of the other bowls and mix well. Leave the final bowl untouched.
- Divide each of the pieces of dough in to smaller, bite-sized sections and roll in to a ball. Repeat this until all 3 of the bowls of dough have been turned in to balls.
- Take a skewer and thread on 1 of each of the dango balls in the order of the matcha dango followed by the regular dango and finished with the pink dango. Set the skewer aside and then repeat with the remaining dango.
- When all of the skewers have been made, serve!