- Rinse and clean chicken carcases, then soak in cold water for 30 mins. After soaking, rinse several times to remove as much blood as possible.
- In a stockpot, bring water to a boil and add in chicken carcases cooking for about 20 secs, then drain.
- Wash pre-boiled chicken carcases under cold running water to clean chicken bones. Using your thumb, rub away any blood or scum that might be attached.
- Chop bones into smaller pieces, about 5cm each.
- Place chopped chicken bones in a stockpot and fill it with cold water, enough to immerse all the contents in the pot. Bring to boil on high heat.
- Once boiled, reduce to medium heat immediately bringing the stock to a simmer. In the next 15 mins, skim away any scum floating on the surface of the stock
- Then, add in ginger, garlic and spring onion. Set heat to low to Simmer for 3-6 hrs with the lid on.
- Remove the bones from the pot and filter the stock with a fine sieve into clean bottles or ice cube trays. The stock lasts for about 1 week stored in the refrigerator and several months in the freezer.