- Cut pork belly into 5cm chunks.
- Cook in a pot in batches until brown on all sides.
- Cover with rice water and add ginger, onion and salt. Bring to a boil and cover with drop lid or cartouche. Simmer for 4 hours, drain liquid and allow meat to cool.
- Combine braising stock ingredients in the pot and return pork to pot. Bring to a simmer and again cover with drop lid or cartouche. Simmer for an hour over low heat.
- Add boiled eggs to pan and remove from heat.
- Slice spring onions into batons and place into iced cold water to curl.
- Serve in a bowl on top of cooked soba noodles.
- Garnish with curled spring onion.