- Lay chicken breast side down on a chopping board, using kitchen shears cut along both sides of the backbone.
- Lay chicken flat and cut through the breastbone to form two halves.
- Turn chicken over and make a cut in each leg and breast in the thickest part.
- Place chicken into a shallow dish.
- Combine marinade ingredients together and mix well. Pour marinade over the chicken and coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hrs up 24 hrs. Turn chicken occasionally.
- Cook chicken on a pre-heated BBQ or Grill basting well for 25–30 mins. If cooking in the oven pre-heat oven 190c and roast for 40 mins, basting occasionally.
- Rest chicken 10 mins before serving on a banana leaf with steamed rice, mango sambal and salad. Drizzle with a little extra ABC Kecap manis.