- Soak the soybeans overnight. Drain and pat dry with a cloth or kitchen paper.
- Pour oil and soybeans into a frying pan. Fry on medium-low heat until the beans are nicely browned. Drain the excess oil through a sieve. Set aside.
- Soak the noodles in warm water for about half an hour until pliable. Bring a pot of water to a boil and put the drained noodles in.
- Boil until they are cooked, rinse under tap water for a few seconds then drain.
- Meanwhile, in two serving bowls, mix black rice vinegar, light soy sauce, Chinese chili oil, freshly ground Sichuan pepper, garlic, and salt for the soup.
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil and then pour half of it into each bowl.
- Place well-drained noodles into the bowls. Top with fried soybeans and preserved Sichuan pickle. Garnish with coriander and garlic sprouts.