To Make Tangzhong
- Mix flour and milk evenly until all lumps are well combined. Cook over medium-low heat and stirring consistently to avoid burning and sticking.
- Remove from heat when the mixture thickens to a stage where lines are visible when stirring.
- Transfer mixture to a clean bowl and cover the surface of the mixture with cling wrap. Let cool to room temperature.
To Make Bread
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisked the milk, egg and tangzhong until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine bread flour, salt, sugar and yeast and make a well. Add the wet mixture into the well and knead until well combined to a dough, then add in the butter and continue kneading until smooth and non-sticky.
- Knead and make the dough round and put in a greased bowl, then cover with cling wrap or wet towel. Rest in warm temperature for about 40 mins or until double in size.
- Remove and place on a clean floured surface. Deflate the dough and divide into 6, then knead them to make 6 balls. Cover with cling wrap again and rest for a further 15 mins.
- Roll with hands to make each portion to 41cm-long (depends on frankfurt length) rounded dough. Then wrap each dough around a frankfurt from an end to the other, with the seal faced down. Place them on a lined baking tray and cover with wet towel or cling wrap to proof for about 45-60 mins until double in size.
- Apply egg wash on the surface of the dough and bake for 35 mins or until golden brown. Remove and place onto a wire rack, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and let cool.