- Clean the bones by placing them in a large container of water to remove any of the impurities. Set aside for at least 15 minutes but ideally overnight.
- Drain the water from the container and give the bones another rinse before transferring them in to another pot of boiling water and letting cook for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and clean the bones one last time before placing them in to another clean pot with enough boiling water to cover the bones.
- Add the chicken to the broth and season with 1 tbsp of salt before setting the broth to a simmer and letting cook for another 3 hours.
- While the broth cooks, scoop off any scum that begins to appear on the top.
- After 3 hours have passed, remove as much fat from the surface of the broth and then strain out the bones.
- Return the broth the stove and bring to just under a boil. Check for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Prepare the ramen noodles according to the packet.
- Divide the topping ingredients into equal portions of servings. Place the cooked noodles into a bowl and ladle some broth over the noodles. Add the toppings on the noodles and serve immediately.