- Prepare an ice bath by adding ice into a large bowl filled with cold water. Place in the fridge.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, mirin and water. Pour into a zip lock bag. Seal and set aside.
- Bring water to the boil in a saucepan over high heat.
- Once boiling, carefully add eggs from the fridge and reduce heat to medium-low. Allow to simmer for exactly 7 mins.
- Remove eggs from the water and place in the ice bath. Allow to cool for 3 mins.
- Gently peel eggs, then add into the bag with marinade. Seal, place in a bowl or container and leave in the fridge to marinate at least overnight. For best results, allow to marinate for 3-4 days.
- To serve, slice in half and serve with ramen.
- If you prefer your egg runnier, cook for 6 – 6½ mins. For a more set, custard-like yolk, cook for 8 – 8½ mins. For a hard-boiled egg, cook for 12+ mins.