- Combine water and the all-purpose flour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium to medium-high heat.
- Cook the gyoza until the bottom turns golden brown.
- Remove the frying pan from heat and press on a damp cold towel for 3-5 secs to cool the pan immediately.
- Put the frying pan back to the heat. Whisk the flour mixture well and pour it into the pan. Make sure the mixture covers up ⅓ of the gyoza.
- Cover the pan with a lid for about 3-4 mins.
- When the edges of the wings start to peel off from the pan, drizzle sesame oil around the edge of the wings. Adjust the heat according to the color of the wings. If it’s lighter, you can increase the heat slightly.
- Shake the pan a few times to detach the wings from the pan. You can use chopsticks to gently poke around the edges.
- Put a plate over the gyoza and flip over. Serve the gyoza with wings and with soy sauce.