- Whisk together soy sauce, mirin seasoning, brown sugar, sake, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil. Marinate steak for 15 mins.
- Heat vegetable oil until hot in a skillet on the grill.
- Fry ginger and 1 shallot until light brown, remove carefully from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Leave oil in skillet and grill steak for 2-3 mins each side, basting with marinade. Then, leave steak to rest.
- Reduce heat and add remaining marinade into skillet until it boils and thickens, keep sauce aside.
- Add broccolini to the skillet for 3-4 mins until chargrilled.
- Toss together carrot, cucumber, 1 shallot, coriander leaves (saving some for garnish) and roasted sesame dressing. Arrange salad on plate. Slice the steak and place on top of salad. Spoon over the sauce and garnish with fried ginger, shallot, coriander and sesame seeds.
- Serve with broccolini (drizzled with some sauce) and rice on the side.