- Carefully remove the scallops from the half shells. Set the scallops aside and boil the shells for 1 min. Dry and lay out onto 4 plates.
- To make the sauce, bring to a boil the dashi, mirin, soy and chopped shrimp, turn down and simmer for 6 mins. Strain and cool.
- Place a small amount of the somen noodles onto each scallop shell and top with a little of the finely cut daikon.
- Place the butter into a pre-heated grill pan. When it starts to foam, add the scallops and cook each side for 1 min.
- Place a scallop onto each shell, spoon some of the cold sauce over each and finish with a coriander sprig.