- Lightly season the cooked rice with table salt.
- Using a generous piece of plastic wrap, place portion of cooked rice, add filling in the center (optional), wrap with plastic wrap, then mould into balls.
- Lightly spray the grill of the broiler grill with cooking spray to prevent the rice ball from sticking.
- Over medium heat, allow the rice ball to grill on both sides until golden brown and slightly crisp. Time may vary from 15 to 20 mins depending on your grill.
- Drizzle soy sauce over yaki onigiri and serve immediately.