To Make Sauce
- Pour mirin and sake into a saucepan and bring to boil. Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add soy sauce and bring to boil. Lower heat to simmer for 10 mins or until thickened. Remove from heat and let cool.
To Grill Eel
- Preheat oven to 290°C on broil. Place eel on a foil-lined baking tray and insert into the middle rack of oven. Broil for 5-7 mins.
- Remove and brush the sauce over the eel. Broil for ½-1 min.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving plate. Top with more sauce and sprinkle some furikake to garnish. Serve with rice.