To Prepare the Sauce
- Add water, sugar, and vinegar in a saucepan, and cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, then add in the fish sauce and dried red chili flakes, and stir through.
- Set aside.
To Cook the Fried Tofu
- Dry the tofu wedges on paper towels for 1 hr.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok over high heat until the oil reaches 200°C.
- Carefully lower the tofu wedges into the hot oil and fry for 5 mins or until golden brown on all sides, turning the pieces occasionally with long tongs.
- Drain the fried tofu on paper towel.
- Add chopped roasted peanuts, bird’s eye chilli and coriander on top of sauce.
- Serve fried tofu with the dipping sauce.