- Combine all of the main ingredients together and mix until well combined.
- Dip the rice paper into warm water and let absorb slightly before placing on to a work surface.
- Add a portion of the mixture onto the bottom side of the rice paper and tuck the edge over the mixture.
- Roll the sides of the rice paper onto the covered mixture and continue to wrap the paper, rolling until the rice paper completely covers the mixture.
- Repeat this process until all of the mixture has been used up. Place in the fridge for 10-20 mins to dry the skin.
- In a large pot with enough oil to deep fry the rice paper rolls, heat over a medium to high heat.
- Fry the rice paper rolls in batches or one at a time for approx. 5 mins to allow the fillings to cook. Ensure that the heat isn’t too high to prevent the rolls from burning. Take further care when frying the rolls too as they will stick together at the start of frying.
- When the rolls have cooked, remove them from the oil and let them drain on a paper towel or over a rack.
- Garnish and serve immediately with our nuoc cham dipping sauce or a dipping sauce of your choosing!