To Prep the Filling
- Grind toasted black sesame and mix with sugar and butter until you get a paste. Divide into 8 equal portions, roll into round balls, and place in the freezer for 30 mins to firm up.
To Prepare Fried Crispy Tang Yuan
- In a mixing bowl, place glutinous flour and make a well. Pour in hot boiling water and let it sit for 10 mins before pouring in the cold water. Mix well with a spatula and continue to knead with your hand until you get a pliable dough.
- Leave the dough to rest for 10 mins, then divide into 8 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Take a dough ball and place on your palm. Flatten into a disc and place a sesame paste ball in the centre. Wrap the dough around the sesame ball and seal the opening.
- Flatten each of the rolled balls slightly and keep aside while completing the remaining dough balls.
- Heat up a non-stick pan with some oil and fry the flattened tang yuan for 3-4 mins on each side until they are slightly brown. Serve warm.