- Remove the heads from the anchovies and then split the body in half lengthwise before removing the gills.
- Rinse the anchovies 2 to 3 times with water before draining them and allowing them to dry.
- Pour enough oil in to a saucepan to deep-fry the ingredients. Over a medium heat, fry the peanuts until crunchy and then transfer them to a plate with a paper towel to absorb the extra oil.
- Continue by then deep-frying the dried anchovies. Fry the anchovies until they have become golden brown and the oil stops bubbling.
- Remove the anchovies from the oil and allow to drain and cool on a plate with a paper towel.
- Finally, fry the onions in the oil until they start to become golden brown before once again removing them from the oil and draining them like the anchovies and peanuts.
- Lastly, mix the onions, peanuts and anchovies together and serve.