- Put together chicken, spring onions, water chestnuts, carrots, garlic, soy sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well. Then, place single layers of spring roll wrappers on a flat surface in the shape of a diamond.
- Scoop roughly 2 tbsp of the meat mixture and place them on the centre of the spring roll wrapper.
- To fold the wrapper, start off by folding the bottom pointed end of the sheet towards the filling. Then, fold both side edges of the wrapper inwards. Tightly, roll from the bottom up into a log. Dab the top pointed end of the sheet with water to seal. Repeat until all spring roll wrappers and meat mixture are used up.
- To Cook
- Heat about 3cm oil in a pan and fry the lumpia in batches, turning when needed until crispy and golden brown.
- Dish out the fried lumpia and drain excess oil by laying them on a tray or dish with paper towels.