- Rinse rice until water runs clear, then drain well in a colander/sieve.
- Place rice and water in a pot and bring to a boil, give a quick stir and then turn down the heat to the lowest possible and let it cook by absorption for 10 mins. Remove pot from heat, cover with a lid and let it stand for 10 mins.
- When the rice is slightly cool, use a pair of chopsticks to gently fluff up the rice while stirring in the sushi seasoning. Let the rice cool before assembling the sushi.
- Place a nori sheet onto the mat.
- With damp hands, spread ¾ cup rice over the nori sheet, spreading it to the left, bottom and right edges of the sheet, leaving a 2cm gap of nori at the top.
- Place sushi fillings of choice in the middle of the rice, horizontally.
- Using the mat as a guide, bring the bottom of the nori sheet to the top edge where the rice ends and press firmly, and give it a slight roll to the top to enable the nori to seal itself.
- Repeat with the other remaining nori sheet and ingredients.
- Cut into 1.5cm slices and serve with Obento Sushi & Sashimi Soy Sauce and S&B wasabi.