To Prep Thai Glutinous Rice
- Soak Thai glutinous rice in cold water for 3 hrs.
- Prepare the coconut cream mixture by combining the coconut cream, sugar and salt into saucepan.
- On medium heat, stir the coconut mixture to dissolve the sugar without bringing it to boil. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- After 3 hrs, drain off excess water from glutinous rice. Steam the rice for 15 mins. Half way through steaming, you may open the steamer to turn the rice once.
- Put the cooked glutinous rice into a large mixing bowl, add the coconut cream mixture and stir to mix well. Cover the bowl with a tea towel, after 5 mins stir the rice mixture once more and cover again with tea towel then set aside.
To Prep Coconut Cream with Durian
- Add 500ml of coconut cream, palm sugar and salt into saucepan.
- Turn on the heat and bring coconut mixture to simmer till sugar dissolved. Remove from heat. Set aside till cooled down to room temperature.
- Add fresh durian into coconut mixture. Break durian flesh into chunk piece. Ready to serve.
- Place glutinous rice portion size into serving bowl, then top with durian coconut mixture, making sure some durian chunks are on top of the rice.
- Serve immediately.