- In a large saucepan, pour in chicken stock, star anise, dried chillies, cinnamon, garlic and ginger. Bring to the boil and then continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the duck skin with salt, then place skin side down into a cold fry pan. Place onto the stove and turn the temperature to medium. Cook skin side down for 4 minutes until skin becomes crispy. Turn the duck over and continue cooking for another 7-8 minutes until cooked through. Remove the duck from the pan and allow to rest whilst completing the following steps.
- Prepare the fresh egg noodles according to the packet instructions.
- Add the soy, fish sauce, dark soy and palm sugar to the stock, mix to combine and dissolve the sugar.
- Place the pak choy into the soup broth and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the egg noodles between 4 serving bowls and pour in the stock to cover the noodles. Slice the duck into 8 pieces and lay 4 pieces on top of the egg noodles per bowl.
- Place 2-3 pieces of pak choy onto each bowl, along with sliced chillies, spring onions, bean shoots and coriander leaves.