- First, combine all the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce in a bow and set aside. This amount ingredients used is sufficient for 4 serves, extra sauce can be kept in the fridge for a month, and can be used for other stir fries.
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic and chillis until you get a rough paste.
- In a wok or large pan, heat some vegetable oil over high heat. When the oil begins to smoke, add the pounded garlic and chillis. Fry until the garlic begins to brown.
- Add your meat to the wok and stir fry until almost cooked. Then add your baby corn and asparagus.
- When the vegetables are done, add your noodles, stir fry sauce and sugar. Using some wrist action, toss the noodles in the wok to evenly coat with the stir fry sauce.
- Add the black soy sauce and toss again to mix. Mix the noodles around a few more times until the sauce is absorbed.
- When the noodles are done, remove from the heat and quickly mix in the Thai basil to wilt them. Transfer to a serving plate and serve hot.