To Make the Dough
- Add flour and salt into a large bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, pour in water and egg, whisk until well combined.
- Make a well at the center of the flour, pour in the egg mixture. Knead until smooth and let sit covered for 1 hr. Set aside.
To Make the Filling
- Mix all the meat, vegetables and seasonings together in a large bowl. Then use a blender or food processor to combine the ingredients into slightly chunky mixture. Do not over process.
To Make Dim Sim
- Roll the dough into a thin sheet and cut into 10cm square skins.
- Scoop 2 tbsp of filling and form into a meatball. Repeat for the rest of the fillings.
- Place a meatball onto the center of a skin, then pull the 4 corners of the skin to the top center of the meatball. Gently squeeze the dim sim in your hand to form a cylinder shape and for the dough to stick well. Repeat.
- Deep fry the dim sim in batches in 180°C hot oil for about 5 mins or until cooked and golden brown. Serve hot.