- Mix the steak marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl before transferring to a zip-lock bag and adding the flank steaks. Ensure that the meat inside the bag gets evenly coated with the marinade.
- Let the meat marinade for at least 1 hr before cooking. While this is happening, begin making the dipping sauce.
For the dipping sauce
- Combine all of the dipping sauce ingredients and mix thoroughly until the sugar has dissolved.
- Heat up a cast iron griddle before adding oil and the marinated beef.
- Grill the steaks until cooked to the desired level of doneness, ensuring that the steaks are regularly turned over for an even cook.
- When the steaks are done, remove the steaks from the griddle and allow them to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Once the steaks have rested, cut them thinly and against the grain of the muscle to ensure the steaks will be tender to eat.
- Serve with the dipping sauce as well as with rice!
- For a smoky, more authentic version, the steaks can also be cooked on a barbecue!