- Pat dry the skin and rub 2 tbsp salt and 2 tsp pepper over the pork. Place on a tray and into the fridge overnight, uncovered.
- The next day, remove pork from the fridge for at least 1 hr before roasting.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place pork on a rack. Pat dry the skin with paper towels. Rub the skin with remaining salt, ensuring salt gets into the scoring. Rub the skin with oil.
- Place the rack onto a tray and into the oven. Reduce temperature to 160°C and roast for 2½ hrs. Increase the temperature to 240°C and roast for another 30 mins or until skin has crackled.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 10 mins before cutting.