- Sprinkle some salt over the pat-dried black pomfret. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a fry pan, add the chopped garlic and fry in low heat, stirring continuously until garlic is crisp and golden. Remove garlic from pan immediately and set aside, leaving the oil in the pan to fry the fish.
- Heat the oil over medium heat until slightly smoking, place fish in the pan to fry. When the bottom side of the fish is cooked and slightly browned, flip the fish and fry the other side. Repeat the process, turning every 3-4 mins so that the whole fish is crisped.
- When the fish is thoroughly cooked and crisped, turn the heat up to fry 2 minutes on each side of the fish to give it a crispy toasted flavour.
- Remove fish from the pan and place onto a serving plate. Top fish with the fried garlic.