- Crack three eggs into a large bowl. Lightly beat eggs and slowly add in water. Do not beat it too hard as air may develop in the egg.
- Add seasonings and mix well.
- Strain egg mixture with a sieve into a shallow bowl and cover with heatproof cling wrap or aluminium foil. Ensure there are no bubbles before steaming as we want a smooth and silky surface.
- Place the bowl on to a steamer rack and steam over low heat for 10 minutes or until its set.
- While waiting for eggs to be steamed, fry minced garlic till its golden brown in colour. Set fried garlic aside together with the oil.
- Once steamed eggs are done, sprinkle the fried garlic with oil, light soy sauce and spring onions over it. Serve hot with rice.