- Place chicken in a bowl of salted water and allow to stand 20 mins.
- Remove chicken and place in a deep sauce pan with soy sauce , water , garlic , ginger and star anise. Simmer gently 40 mins covered.
- Remove chicken from saucepan and place on a rack in a large baking pan and brush the combined honey and oyster sauce over the chicken liberally. Bake in the pre-heated oven 190°C 30 mins basting frequently.
- Serve chicken cut into pieces with steamed rice and green vegetables.
- Make this Chinese Honey Roasted Chicken for a family reunion dinner.