- Prepare the chicken by rubbing it with salt inside and out.
- In a small bowl, combine Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce, dark soy sauce, Shaoxing cooking wine, sugar and the ginger juice. Stir well until sugar is dissolved.
- Cut the butterfly chicken to lie flat then rub all over with marinade and refrigerate uncovered overnight to dry the skin.
- Preheat BBQ with indirect heat (using burners away from the flat plate) to medium/hot temperature.
- Combine the julienned potato and potato marinate while the BBQ is warming up.
- Dress the chicken with vegetable oil and place on the BBQ flat plate. Close the lid on the BBQ to begin cooking. (cook with lid down).
- Cook for approximately 1 hr, checking occasionally to ensure it’s not overcooked. (Meat temperature near the bone should be 75℃)
- Once ready, remove from the BBQ and rest for 10 to 15 mins.
- After removing the chicken from the BBQ, drain the potato marinade and cook the potato on the BBQ hot plate while the chicken is resting. (BBQ lid up now)
- For the dressing sauce, combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Cut the chicken and serve with a drizzle of dressing, fresh coriander leaves and the shredded potato on the side.