- Cook somen according to packet instructions. Drain, then refresh under cold running water. Set aside in fridge.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the beaten eggs. Cook until just firm, then remove from pan and place on a cutting board. Cool then cut into fine ribbons.
- To prepare the dipping broth, combine the dashi broth, soy sauce and mirin. Pour broth into serving bowls (one for each person). Put broth in fridge to chill. Place Hakubaku wasabi sauce in small condiment bowl/s and chill in fridge.
- Place Somen noodles on a large communal platter and top with ice cubes to keep chilled. Arrange condiments, (spring onion, omelette ribbons, shredded Nori and mint), on a serving platter. Each person has a bowl of dipping broth, wasabi sauce and chopsticks. The condiments are selected by each diner and dipped in wasabi (if desired) then placed in the dipping broth.
- Your chilled somen noodles with dipping sauces and selected accompaniments dish is ready!
- Then the noodles are dipped in the broth, slurp it up and enjoy.