- Add some oil to the pot and fry the red curry paste until fragrant.
- Add chicken and pumpkin and stir fry until chicken and pumpkin is halfway cooked through for approximately 10 mins. The pumpkins will turn soft which will add volume and thickness to the curry after boiling.
- Pour in the can of coconut milk then stir to combine all of the herbs. You may add pumpkins now if you want whole chunks in your curry.
- Boil until the chicken is cooked.
- When cooked add the sweet basil leaves or kaffir lime leaves. Stir into mix and remove from heat.
- Season with fish sauce. The curry tastes better overnight as the pumpkin has absorbs the curry spices over time.