- In a large pot, pour in the water and add the chicken cutlets, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Skim off any foam, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 45 mins. Skim any excess foam as needed.
- Wash the eggs and place into the stock for the final 10 mins of cooking to hard boil. Remove, peel and set aside.
- Prepare the spice paste while the chicken in simmering by crushing together the ingredients in a mortar and pestle or food processor into a paste.
- Remove the chicken and pour the stock into a jug or bowl. Set aside.
- Pull away the skin and bone, leaving big chunks of meat. Set aside.
- In the same pot that the chicken was cooking in, add peanut oil and gently fry the spice paste on medium heat for 5 mins.
- Place the rice vermicelli into a bowl and cover with cold water for 15 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Return the chicken stock to the pot, pour in the can of TCC Coconut Milk. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for a further 10 mins. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the rice vermicelli and the chicken between 4 bowls. Ladle over the soup.
- Garnish with the bean sprouts, hard boiled eggs, fried shallots, fresh coriander and wedges of lime. Serve with Yeo’s Sambal Oeleck. You can either eat it as is, or with fluffy white rice.