- Slice pork belly into 1–1.5 cm thick slices and blanch in boiling water for 3 mins to get rid of any scum. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up Master Stock then toss in blanched pork belly slices. Simmer for 30 mins covered over low heat.
- In a frying pan, heat brown sugar. Stir continuously over medium heat until it starts to caramelise. Then add 1 cup of Master Stock, lime juice and fish sauce and cook until it bubbles and starts to reduce and thicken.
- Add pork belly into the sauce and let it cook on both sides until well coated.
- To prepare the side dish, add sliced shallots into a small bowl. Mix in the rice wine vinegar and let it sit for 10 mins.
- To serve, place the caramelized pork belly slices onto a plate and add a sprinkling of sesame seeds. Serve with coriander leaves, pickled shallots and sliced chillies on the side, and it’s ready to be enjoyed!