- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add the rice & simmer until cooked, drain & rinse under cold water.
- Place the palm sugar & water in a pot on low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the tamarind puree, fish sauce, lemongrass & Chinese chilli oil, bring to the boil & simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens into a sticky syrup, set aside to cool.
- Combine the peach, cucumber, chilli, red onion, kaffir lime leaves & cashew nuts, with some of the coriander & Thai basil in bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 tbsp of the tamarind syrup with the coconut cream, lime juice, sesame oil and fish sauce; taste & adjust the flavour balance, it should be a little tangy (if you like more heat, add some finely chopped red chilli to the dressing)
- Heat a heavy based non-stick fry pan, cook the pork until browned & just cooked through and pour the remaining sauce over the pork and heat, stirring to coat the pork, with a layer of sticky sauce.
- Toss the peach & cucumber salad with enough dressing to coat, saving some to drizzle later.
- Place a layer of salad leaves in individual bowls, top each with ½ cup of rice, drizzle with a little dressing.
- Top with ¼ of the peach & cucumber salad and a layer of sticky caramel tamarind pork, drizzle with a little of the remaining sauce.
- Garnish with Thai basil & coriander leaves.