- Mix all the marinade ingredients together. Place the meat side of the chicken into the marinade first, then flip to the skin side. Let the chicken marinade for 10 mins.
- Place corn flour onto a flat plate. Coat the meat side first and them the skin side. Set aside.
- Heat up frying pan with cooking oil. Once the pan starts to smoke, place chicken skin side down and fry for 4-5 mins or till golden. Flip to the other side and fry for 4-5 mins. Flip them one more time to crisp up the skin.
- Add in the minced garlic between the chicken and sauté for 1 min. Toss in the sliced onions and stir for a min.
- Splash some Shao Xing wine over the chicken and onion and cover the pan. Let it simmer under medium heat for 1 min.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.