To Make Sushi Rice
- In a pot, bring sushi rice and water to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 12-14 mins. Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5-10 mins.
- Move cooked rice into a big bowl to fluff up the rice.
- Add in powdered sushi mix and mix well. Let rice cool.
To Cook Egg omelette
- Beat eggs with all the ingredients till well mixed.
- Heat up tamagoyaki pan with some oil and pour egg mixture over. Cover and cook under low heat till surface is drying up, then flip over. Continue to cook the other side for another min and remove to cool.
To Make Maki Sushi
- Place nori sheet shiny side down on bamboo mat and spread rice all around, leaving 1cm space around the edge.
- Arrange 1 cucumber stick, 2 crab sticks, 1 carrot stick and 1 egg omelette strip in the centre of the rice.
- Bring the bamboo mat forward while using fingers from both hands to press the filling in, gently rolling the mat and adding a little pressure to wrap in the fillings.
- Roll and press to seal the nori at the edge, then use both hands with a little pressure to firm up the roll.
- Remove sushi from bamboo mat. Rub a little oil on a sharp knife to cut roll into 6 to 8 slices.
- Serve with soy sauce, wasabi and pickled ginger.