- Cut pork belly into 5cm chunks.
- Cook in a pot and in batches until the meat is brown on all sides. Cover with rice water. Add ginger, onion and salt. Bring to a boil and cover with a drop lid or cartouche. Simmer for 4 hours. Drain liquid and allow meat to cool.
- Combine the braising stock ingredients in the pot and return pork to pot, bring to a simmer and again, cover the pot with a drop lid or cartouche. Simmer for an hour over low heat.
- Add boiled eggs to a pan and remove from heat.
- Slice spring onions into batons and place into ice cold water to curl.
- Garnish with curled spring onion. Serve in a bowl on top of cooked soba noodles.