- In a small pot, mix the sugar and water and bring the mixture to a boil before reducing to a simmer and continuing to cook until the syrup has begun to thicken.
- Remove the syrup from the heat and let cool slightly. While the syrup cools, begin to cook the tapioca pearls.
- In a large pot, boil water and cook the tapioca pearls according to packet instructions, or until they become soft and chewy. When they have reached the desired texture, remove them from the pot and drain them.
- Transfer the pearls in to a bowl and spoon in some of the sugar syrup and mix. Set aside.
- To make the tea, combine hot water with tea and steep for 5 mins before removing tea and adding in the milk.
- Line the inside of the serving glass with some of the sugar syrup and then spoon in some of the pearls. Finish by pouring in the milk tea and ice if needed and serve!