- In a pot, place the daikon and rice and add water to cover daikon. Bring to boil, cook for 10 mins or until the daikon is nearly cooked through. Drain well.
- Rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- In a frying pan, heat oil over medium heat, add mince and stir-fry to break the lumps, until the colour turns pale brown.
- Add the daikon and stir, then mix in the rests of the ingredients, other than the cornflour solution. Cover the surface with a drop lid or a piece of aluminium foil with holes on it.
- Turn the heat to low when it starts boiling. Cook for 10 mins.
- Remove the drop lid and add the well-mixed cornflour solution.
- Turn the heat off when the sauce is thickened and serve with spring onion garnish.