Preparing the Sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well until the honey and oyster sauce has completely dissolved.
Preparing the Stew
- First, you’ll need to blanch the chicken in some boiling water. Add the chicken to boiling water and bring it back up to a boil and allow the chicken to boil for a few minutes. Drain off the water.
- In another pot, add the chicken together with the sauce. Cover the pot and allow the mixture to boil for about 10 minutes on medium high heat.
- Next add the potatoes, carrots, onions, and chillies. Cover the pot and boil for several minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir the stew with a wooden spoon. Cover the pot again and simmer for another 8-10 minutes.
- Next add the glass noodles, mushrooms, and spring onions and mix with a wooden spoon. Make sure the mushrooms and noodles are coated with the sauce before covering and allowing the stew to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve hot with some steamed rice.